Cloudstor is a nationally-distributed cloud‐based file storage and sharing service for the Australian Research Community. It is based on the open-source ownCloud & FileSender projects. It is operated on AARNet owned server infrastructure directly connected to the AARNet backbone.
A description of the service offering, including security and resilience details, can be found here: CloudStor Service Offering
Key features of the cloudstor service.
- Web-based access for file storage and sharing;
- Desktop client for synchronization via WebDAV;
- IOS and Android mobile apps;
- “Rocket” client for Windows for high-speed file upload;
- Access to Apps developed for operation on the ownCloud service platform (see list below).
- optional client-side encryption for Filesender;
- TLS encrypted data transit;
- System-side storage disk encryption.
- Geographically separated service site locations;
- All data stored in Australia;
- All data stored is replicated;
- All data is backed up;
- Versioning is enabled via ownCloud app;
- Deleted/corrupted file recovery.
- Online Collaborative Document Editing using OnlyOffice:
- Document editor;
- Spreadsheet editor;
- Presentation editor.
Cloudstor ownCloud Enabled Apps
ownCloud version 10.1.1.
Core ownCloud Apps:
- Activity logging;
- Admin Config Report;
- Deleted files;
- First Run Wizard;
- PDF Viewer;
- Provisioning API;
- Share Files;
- Text Editor;
- Update notification;
Custom and extension ownCloud Apps:
- 3D Model Viewer;
- AARNet Hooks;
- DICOM Viewer;
- Direct Menu;
- Files Clipboard;
- Jmol Viewer;
- Markdown Editor;
- Music (audio player);
- OnlyOffice Integration;
- SimpleSAML Authentication Backend
- Swan Viewer
- Tenant Portal
- Terms and Conditions
- Video Player
- FileSender 2.0 is a web based application that allows authenticated users to securely and easily send arbitrarily large files to other users.