The Unified Communications Gateway (UCG) is a managed session border controller (SBC) for purpose of ...
- SIP trunking an internal IP PBX with an external SIP service e.g. AUCX.
- video endpoint registrations so endpoints can make and receive H323 and SIP calls.
The benefits of having the Unified Communications Gateway (UCG) are ...
- security assurance.
- The UCG provides a single point of entry in and out of the network for video calls.
- Video endpoints are protected from external unsolicited malicious calls like H323/SIP brute force calls or denial-of-service attack and toll fraud attempts.
- topology hiding means that externals only see information about the public interface of the SBC and not the endpoints.