The AARNet CloudStor service enables AARNet customers to store, access and share files powered by the high speed AARNet network.
Logging into AARNet CloudStor via https://cloudstor.aarnet.edu.au will give the user access to both CloudStor (storage) and FileSender (ideal for sharing large files) solutions.
Setting Up Your Account
All AARNet customers that have an AAF affiliated email address can sign up for Cloudstor.
All new users from an AARNet connected institution will have a default storage quota of 1 TB.
If you would like to apply for a group drive, please see How Do I Apply For A Group Drive?
To access the CloudStor service via your web browser, visit https://cloudstor.aarnet.edu.au and select your institution.
You will be redirected to your institution's login page where you can login using your institution's credentials and once you have successfully logged in - you will be redirect to your CloudStor home directory.
When accessing CloudStor for the first time, you will be presented with the first run wizard.
The first run wizard will prompt you to set a sync password. This password is used for accessing CloudStor using the ownCloud sync clients or via WebDAV.
You will also be presented with the option of downloading an ownCloud sync client for your operating system. The ownCloud client enables you to automatically synchronise your files with CloudStor.
Settings and Help
Settings and help are available from the toolbar in the top, right of the web interface
Under the "Settings" menu option, you can perform actions such as:
- Change your sync password
- Access the desktop sync clients
- Setup notifications for various activities on CloudStor
- See how much storage you have used
How To Use CloudStor
The CloudStor interface displays your data based on how it has been shared
- All Files - contains all files that have been stored in CloudStor (excludes files uploaded using FileSender)
- Favourites - The folders/files you have marked as favourites
- Shared with you - Files/folders that have been shared to you by another CloudStor user
- Shared with others - Files/folders you have shared with other CloudStor users
- Shared by link - Files/folders you have shared using a URL
Uploading a File or Creating New Folders and Files
You can upload a file, create a new file or create a new folder using the web interface, by:
- Select "Text File" or "Folder" and providing a name for it
- Press Enter on the keyboard to create a "Text File" or "Folder"
You can download files by selecting the "Download" in the menu next to the folder or file you wish to download.
You can a folder or file by clicking on the icon located to the right of the file or folder name. There is two methods of sharing:
- To another CloudStor user - you can share to any other CloudStor user by typing their email address into the sharing dialog (note: the user must have logged into CloudStor before they will appear in the user list).
- By public link - the "Share a link" option will create a URL you can provide to anyone to get access to download the file (AARNet recommends settings a password on these links to prevent unauthorised access).
Data can be deleted at the file or folder level. Once deleted, all files are moved to the Deleted Files page where they will be permanently deleted after 30 days.
You are able to delete a file by clicking on the icon next to a file or folder and selecting "Delete".
Seeing Activity For Your Data
You can see your recent activity, changes to your own data and shared data by selecting the "Activity" option from the toolbar at the top of the interface. Alternatively, you can click on the icon next to a file or folder and select "Details".
Send Files Using FileSender
- Select the Sender app in the top navigation bar.
- Complete the Sender form as necessary
- For help or more information, select the "Help" option
To log out of CloudStor, select the "Log Out" option from the menu in the top right corner of the web interface and then completely close your browser (more information on that available here).
If you would like to use WebDAV - the settings are found by clicking on the "Settings" icon in the top right corner of the web interface and then scrolling to the "WebDav" section.
Using the ownCloud Sync Client
If you wish to use the optional sync clients from ownCloud, you will be required to set a separate ownCloud sync password. This password can be set from the "Settings" page.
Note: This password is only for use with the sync clients and is not used to login to CloudStor.
Download the Desktop Sync Client
The Desktop Sync Client is available from https://cloudstor.aarnet.edu.au/client-download/. and follow instructions to install the client.
Configuring the ownCloud Desktop Sync Client
- Install and open the ownCloud Desktop Sync Client
- You will be prompted for the server address, enter https://cloudstor.aarnet.edu.au/plus and click "Next"
- Enter your institutional email address as your username and the sync password you created (not the password for your institutional login) and then click "Next"
- Ensure "Sync Everything" is selected and then click "Connect..." and CloudStor will start synchronising your data.