Warning: This is not recommended for most users. Instead, you can configure the CloudStor desktop app to use virtual files. This allows you to view all files and folders on your CloudStor drive from your local machine, but they only take up disk space when you open and work on them.
Before you begin
This method is not recommended for uploading large amounts of data, as Windows reports the capacity of the network drive as the same as what is available on your system drive. This limits the size of the files you can upload to the available space on your system drive, even if your available CloudStor storage space is greater.
Create the network drive
- Click on your task bar or press the key on your keyboard to open your Windows Start Menu.
- Enter This PC and select the This PC app when the Start Menu displays it.
- Click Map Network Drive
- Enter \\cloudstor.aarnet.edu.au@ssl\plus\remote.php\webdav in the Folder field.
- Tick the Connect using different credentials checkbox.
- Click Finish.
- Enter your username and app password or sync password and click OK.
Windows will display your CloudStor files and folders in a File Explorer window.