Two new metadata models have been created for CloudStor Collections using existing standards heavily used in institutional repositories i.e. unqualified Dublin Core elements and DCMI terms.
The metadata models are visible in the drop down menu as: DCES v1.0 - org.dublincore and DC+DCMI Terms v1.0 - org.dublincore
The Dublin Core Element Set (DCES) metadata model enables a basic Dublin Core Elements v1.1 record to be created, and no vocabularies or syntax. The template:
- Includes 13 elements (Creator, Contributor, Publisher, Title, Date, Description, Identifier, Subject, Format, Type, Language, Relation, Rights).
- Requires that 3 elements (Title, Description, Rights) have value data added before packaging can occur.
- Has no preset value data, i.e. the template permits free text value data to be added.
- Has standardised format for value data for the Date element (date format dd/mm/yyyy).
The Dublin Core (DC) and DCMI metadata model enable a basic DCMI Terms record to be created, this includes a mix of Dublin Core elements and DCMI Type vocabulary and syntax encoding. The template:
- Includes 11 DC elements (Creator, Contributor, Publisher, Title, Description, Identifier, Subject, Type, Language, Relation, Rights)
- Includes 7 DCMI terms (Issued, Created, FileFormat, DCMIType, ISO639-3, URI, accessRights)
- Includes 4 DCMI terms with syntax (Issued (W3CDTF), Identifier (URI), Type (DCMIType), Language (ISO639-3))
- Includes 3 URI syntax encodings for: Identifier (DOI), Rights, and Licence
- Requires that 3 DC elements (Title, Description, Rights) have value data added before packaging can occur.
- Has preset value data, i.e. the template has default value data. The DC Type element (Collection, Dataset, Event, Image, InteractiveResource, MovingImage, PhysicalObject, Service, Software, Sound, StillImage, Text); and, the DCMI term accessRights (Open, Conditional, Restricted).
The original non-standard metadata model created for CloudStor Collections 1.1 has been deprecated. The template is available in the interface to those that have already described a data collection with it and visible in the drop down menu as: Public Interchange v1.0 - au.edu.data.collections