To open a programming language or text-based file:
- Click + in the side navigation bar to bring up the launcher window.
- Click a file type under the Other heading.
SWAN will create the file in a new tab.
Save a file
SWAN automatically saves your notebooks to your CloudStor drive. However, if you want to change the filename of the notebook or the location it’s saved to, you can manually save it:
- Click File > Save [filetype] As in the main menu.
- Enter your filename and click Save.
By default, your file will be saved in the SWAN_SESSIONS folder in your main CloudStor folder. The SWAN session notebook folder will be saved as
If you want to save your notebook to a different CloudStor location, enter the folder location starting with
cloudstor/. For example,
cloudstor/research_project/shared_work/gather_input.ipynb. This tells SWAN that you want to save the file directly to CloudStor, instead of using the default SWAN session folder.
Shut down a file
- Click File in the main menu.
- Click Close and Shutdown.
Note: Closing the file tab does not shut down the session.