Galaxy Australia is a free web-based service where you can analyse your data. Galaxy includes tools to transfer files to or from your CloudStor account, encrypted over HTTPS.
Find out more about what Galaxy is and how to set up an account.
To connect Galaxy to CloudStor, you’ll need to store your CloudStor username and app password on the Galaxy server. While Australian Biocommons makes reasonable efforts to store these credentials safely, you must be aware of and accept the risks involved. If the server is compromised in a security attack, it may be possible for someone to gain access to your CloudStor account using your CloudStor username and the app password.
Before you can transfer data between CloudStor and Galaxy, you’ll need to:
- Create a Galaxy account.
- Create an app password in CloudStor specifically for Galaxy.
Add your app password to Galaxy
- Log in to Galaxy at https://usegalaxy.org.au/login in your web browser.
- Click User on the top navigation bar.
- Click Preferences.
- Click Manage Information.
- Scroll down to OwnCloud/CloudStor Credentials and enter your CloudStor information.
- Server URL: https://cloudstor.aarnet.edu.au/plus/remote.php/webdav
- Username: The email address associated with your CloudStor account.
- App Password: The app password you created for Galaxy.
Import from CloudStor
Note: When Galaxy imports files from CloudStor, it does not import the directory structure that you used in CloudStor. Instead, it will add all files to a single base folder.
- Click Upload Data under Tools.
- Click Choose remote files.
- Click CloudStor.
Galaxy will display your CloudStor home directory.
- Tick any files and folders that you want to import.
Galaxy will import all files within a selected folder as individual files – it will not import the folder itself.
Click on a folder icon or name to navigate inside it.
You can import files from within multiple folders.
Click Back to navigate to the previous folder.
Selected files will change to have a green background.
- Click OK.
Galaxy will display a list of the files that will be imported.
- Click Start.
Once your files are finished importing, the status will change to 100%.
The files will now be available in your Galaxy account datasets list.
Export to CloudStor
When you export files from Galaxy to CloudStor, Galaxy will add all the files to a single existing folder on your CloudStor drive. If you want to export to a new folder, create it in CloudStor before starting the export.
Warning: This process will overwrite existing CloudStor files with the same file name in your selected folder.
- Click Send Data under FILE AND META TOOLS.
- Click Export datasets to remote files source.
- Select the files you want to export under Choose your datasets.
Hold the CTRL/Command key when selecting files to select multiple files.
- Click Select under Directory URI.
- Click CloudStor.
- Click the folder you want to export to and click Select this folder.
Click Back to navigate to the previous directory.
- If you do not want to include metadata files, toggle Include metadata files in export to off.
- If you want to receive an email when the export is complete, toggle Email notification.
- Click Execute.
Once your files are finished exporting, Galaxy will display a notification to show the export was successful or any errors that occurred.
The files will now be available in your CloudStor folder.