To create a Globus account with AARNet, you will need an email address assigned by an institution affiliated with the Australian Access Federation (AAF).
Create your account
To create a Globus account:
- Go to https://www.globus.org/ in your web browser.
- Click LOG IN in the top navigation menu.
- Select your institution from the list.
- Click Continue.
Globus will redirect you to your institution's login page.
- Sign in using your institution username and password.
You will be redirected back to the Globus website.
- If you have an existing Globus account with a different login, click Link to Existing Account to link your new account with your existing one.
If not, click Continue.
- When prompted on the next page, tick the appropriate checkboxes and click Continue.
You will be taken to the permissions page, which lists the permissions that Globus requires to work with your data.
- Click Allow.
Your Globus account is now created and ready to use
Note: If your organisation is not on the list when you go to log in, you can sign in using a Google account, an ORCID ID or you can create a Globus log in.
What do I do if I want my organisation listed?
If your organisation is not listed when you go to log in, please check if the organisation’s AAF account is linked to eduGAIN. If not, you can contact AAF to have it added to enable you to use your institutional credentials to access Globus.