A Microsoft Entra ID allows you to connect to your Microsoft Dataverse environment from external client applications using OAuth authentication.
- In Azure Portal, click Microsoft Entra ID in the side navigation pane.
- Click + Add and App registration.
- Enter the name for the application and click Register.
Your Application (client) ID, Object ID and Directory (tenant) ID will now be generated for your new application registration.
Create a secret
This client secret value is used by Microsoft Graph APIs to authenticate this application that is being registered.
- Click Certificates & secrets in the side navigation pane.
- Click + New client secret.
- Enter a description for your secret and click Add.
Your new secret will be generated.
Note: You won't be able to view the client secret value after you leave this page, so ensure to copy it to a safe place. If you don't have the value of your secret, you will need to create a new one.