An Event Hubs namespace is a virtual container that makes it easier to manage your event hubs. It allows you to control who and what accesses your event hubs, and when or how.
- In Azure Portal, click Create a resource in the side navigation pane.
- Enter event hubs in the search bar and press Enter.
- Click Event Hubs.
- Click Create.
- Select the resource group you created earlier.
- Enter a unique name for the namespace.
This can include alphanumeric characters and hyphens. It must start with an alphabetic character and end with an alphanumeric character. It can’t end with -sb or -mgmt.
For example, EventHub-Streaming-2 is an acceptable namespace name; 2EventHub-Streaming is not.
- Choose Standard for the pricing tier.
- Leave the throughput units setting at the default.
- Click Review + create.
- Review your settings and click Create.
Azure Portal will create and deploy the namespace.
- When Azure Portal displays Your deployment is complete, click Go to resource.
- Check that your namespace looks similar to this: